At the same time, these volunteers provide hours of service to the Redwood City community during city events and large-scale incidents handled by the police department. The program also strives to provide participants with direction and guidance to prepare for the responsibilities of becoming a successful adult.
What are the requirements to become a Cadet?
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 21 years old
- Enrolled in school or completed high school education
- Copy of your most recent report card showing a GPA of 2.0 or better
If your current GPA is below 2.0, a letter from your teachers must be provided stating you are on track to achieving a GPA of 2.0 this semester
- Letter of recommendation from either a current or former teacher, school counselor, coach, or employer
- Applicants must not have any felony convictions and no pending criminal cases
- Applicants must be willing to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a month to the program as well as attend monthly meetings and training sessions
Group @ PD
What is the selection process?
Applicants must submit a completed Cadet application. If chosen, applicants will be invited to an oral interview with the Police Department. Upon successful completion of the oral interview, a background investigation will be conducted. Successful applicants will then meet with the Chief of Police or his designee.
Want to learn more about the Cadet Program?
For more information about the Cadet Program, contact the following Advisors:
Jesus Castro email@example.com
Melissa Mondragon firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Aguilar email@example.com
Aaron Susman firstname.lastname@example.org